We use a secure website called SystmOnline which provides:
- Appointment Booking
- Repeat Prescriptions
- Change of address / telephone number
- Access parts of your GP medical record
Systmonline can be accessed here.
However you will need to register for the service (see below) before you can use it.
The SystmOnline app is available for Apple and Android devices. It can be downloaded free of charge from the relevant app store.
The app allows patients to manage any aspect of their healthcare all from one place.
Note: In order to use this app, you must have already registered for Systmonline (see below).
How to Register for Systmonline
You can only apply in person for any type of online access as we need to verify your identity.
Registering for access to appointments, prescriptions and changing details ONLY:
Please come to reception and ask to be signed up for online access. You will need to bring photo ID and proof of address with you. The reception staff will then register you for online access and give you your log in details.
Registering for access to appointments, prescriptions, changing details AND summary or full medical records:
Please come to reception and ask for an online access to my medical records form. This will need to be filled out and returned in person with photo ID and proof of address. Reception will then verify your identity and pass your forms to the administration team. It will then be at the discretion of the GP if they are happy for you to have access to your medical records. Once this process has taken place, you will be contacted and informed your online access has been granted. You will only be able to see your records going forward from the date you have requested access, you will not be able to see any historic records.
Registering for access to children’s records or other proxy access to records
We are unable to provide online access to full or summary medical records for children aged 11 to 15. Once a patient reaches their 16th birthday they will be required to register themselves for online access should they wish. If you wish to register for online access for someone else, for example your child or someone you provide care for, please speak with Reception.
Further information on GP online services can be found on the NHS Choices website.
Systmonline is protected by the highest security and cannot be accessed by others providing you keep your registration details secure.
If you’re a patient at our practice you can now use the new NHS app, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services, including your COVID vaccinations, on your smartphone or tablet.
What the NHS app does
You can use the NHS app to:
- Check your symptoms
- Find out what to do when you need help urgently
- Book and manage appointments at your GP practice
- Order repeat prescriptions
- Securely view your GP medical record
- Register to be an organ donor
- Chose how the NHS uses your data
If you already use SystmOnline you can continue to use it if you prefer, or you can use both.
If you are currently NOT registered for online services
If you have not previously signed up for online services, you can sign up on the NHS app without contacting the surgery. Just follow the instructions on the app. You will need photo ID such as a passport or driving license.
Please note the NHS app currently can only be accessed via smartphone or tablet.
Once the app is launched nationwide in 2019, there will also be a web version you can access like a regular website.
For current web access, please use SystmOnline.
If you are already registered for online services
You will need 3 pieces of information to link your online services to the NHS app (Account ID, Organisation Code and Passphrase). To find these, follow these instructions:
- Log in to SystmOnline on the website, not the app.
- Go to Account > Account Information and retrieve the Practice Organisation Code and Account ID. Write these down.
- Log out from SystmOnline.
- Select Re-issue Third Party Passphrase.
- Input your Account ID, Email Address and Organisation Code, then click Re-Issue Passphrase to retrieve your passphrase.
- Once you get your passphrase, follow the instructions on the NHS app to setup your NHS login and use the 3 pieces of information you need to link your account to the app.
If you have any issues using or downloading the app, check the NHS app help and support page
- Easyread guides
- Getting started (PDF, 316kb)
- Giving another person access (PDF, 589kb)
- Giving employed carers access (PDF, 138kb)
- Guide for young people (PDF, 317kb)
- Guide for adult and young carers (PDF, 316kb)
- Protecting your GP online records (PDF, 273kb)
- About GP online records (PDF, 274kb)
- Your GP record (PDF, 307kb)